Learn how to reward customers for sharing their date of birth.
Reward your customers for sharing their date of birth with you. This will also help you provide special offers on their birthday.
- 1.Birthday points are an amazing way to connect with your customers.
- 2.It will aid in the formation of creating a bond between you and your customer.
- 3.It will enhance your loyalty reward program.
- 4.Rewarding customers on their birthdays will help with customer retention. Research says 84% of customers are more likely to stay with a brand that opts for a customer approach and goes out of its way to surprise customers and make them feel special.
Please note that before proceeding, you must have installed and activated the WPLoyalty PRO plugin. It is important to note that the below discussed "Birthday Campaign" requires the PRO version.
Creating a Campaign
Reward your customers for sharing their date of birth with you. This will help to offer a special offers on their birthday.
The following steps will walk you through creating a Birthday Reward Campaign in WPLoyalty.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard -> WPLoyalty -> Campaigns
- Click "Create New Campaign" button
- You will see a list of campaign types to choose from
In the next screen, please fill in the campaign options
Campaign type: Create a name for your campaign. For example: Birthday Campaign
Description: In this section you can create a short description of your campaign. For example : Earn a reward for sharing date of birth.
Choose the type of reward: You can create a message shows on the Customer Reward page.
You can choose the reward either points or a coupon reward for your customer.
For example : 100 points will be earned by this campaign.
When this reward will be given: Select the event to apply reward it can either on their birthday or on the day customer providing their birthday date .
Campaign Visibility : This section allows you to show/hide the campaign in the ways to earn rewards section.
Customers can be shown or hidden specific campaigns on the my account page and in the launcher widget. As a result, the campaign will be displayed or hidden on my account page and launcher widget.
Start Date (optional) - The campaign start date. This is an optional field.
End Date (optional) - If you want the campaign to end at a particular date, you can use this. This is also an optional field.
By using conditional rules, you can create a dynamic discount on pricing rule for your store. You can create a different condition based on cart, product, language and so on.
For every new campaign that you create for your customer reward, you have conditional rules for it. It is optional but, if you need to create a reward for a particular category you can use the condition.
By clicking save, a new campaign will be created.
- 1.The points are awarded on the date of their birth. So if a customer enters the birthday as "July 5th", then the reward is given on their birthday - that is July 5th.
- 2.Even if this was edited, not a problem. If the customer already got the reward, they wont get the reward again for the same year. If the customer's birthday is not yet arrived, then the reward will be issued on the new date. In any case, customer gets the reward one once per year.
If a customer adds their birthday date through any of the following options, they will earn 50 points for adding their birthday date.
- Customer Reward page
- Launcher and
- Checkout, Registration page (Woocommerce), and Account details
- 1.In Customer Reward Page, customer's can add birthday date via "Set Birthday" Button:
- 2.In Launcher Widget, customer's can add birthday date via "Set" Button:
- 3.To let customer's add their birthday date in Checkout, Registration page (Woocommerce), and in Account details pages, you can enable the setting "Capture customer's birthday" from our settings tab.
To find the setting, go to Wordpress backend -> WPLoyalty -> Settings -> General Settings (scroll down and find the below)
Once the above setting is enabled, customers can also add their birthday date from anyone of the pages.
For example here is a screenshot of checkout page showing the add birthday date section:
The above discussed Campaign requires PRO.
Watch this video to know more about Birthday Campaign: